The aim of my site is to provide information for people who have lived their whole lives watching TV.
That used to be me. After 9/11 I turned away from TV and read about a billion books on Peak Oil.
A brief period of depression followed when I realized that we're witnessing the End of Growth. On the other hand, The Zeitgeist Movement offers a utopian vision of a better world, and movements like Occupy Wall Street show that millions and millions of people have had enough of this crap, and want to change the terms of engagement. "A better world is possible", as my friends at World Can't Wait often say. I'd like to believe that, but I think Derrick Jensen is probably right ...
Civilization itself may be the problem.
My essential premise: The current world order is collapsing.
At the core of this notion is the physical constraint that INFINITE GROWTH IS IMPOSSIBLE IN A "CLOSED LOOP" SYSTEM.
What happens next is uncertain, but we will need to get our planet population down to a sustainable 2 Billion people or the species will go extinct. (and may anyway)
1. We are not free and we are facing a fascist state that is rapidly evolving into a totalitarian one.
2. Our planet is dying and our industrial processes are killing us.
3. We approach the sixth (and final?) extinction event.
4. This period of profound planetary stress is already driving some of us MAD.
Note: inflammatory rhetoric and flares of violence are precursors to societal collapse
5. Understanding the root causes will help you to adapt to a future that is going to be pretty bleak.